We love to paint on cold and rainy indoor days. We also love to go to the Tate Modern and savour our membership by seeing most of the exhibitions. So far, Jones has seen shows of Rodchenko and Papova, Rothko, Cildo Meireles, an interactive street art exhibition, an urban photography exhibition, Duchamp, Man Ray, and Picabia, Louise Bourgeois and, perhaps my least favourite artist ever, Cy Twombly. Where to begin...? Cy. Cy, Cy, Cy, Cy, Cy...I don't know if I hate your work more because you were an overly privileged rich kid who got to live the high life with a benefactor in Italy and just 'paint', or because your 'paintings' look like absent-minded, I'm-bored-in-8th grade English class-war doodles (and don't even get me started on the curation...how anyone can write that his work portrays the Amalfi Coast and take themselves seriously is beyond me). I digress...
Basically, everything about Jones's 16-month old artistic inclinations indicate that he, quite simply, kicks Cy Twombly's ass!
See J's initial 'blue' period as a 2-month old.
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment