Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Where have all the photos gone...?

Just a quick note to say that I am currently at a loss...

My brother, Davey, sent me his 'pre-owned' Mac Mini for my birthday (HOORAH!!!) and I have been trying to copy all of my photos to it with absolutely NO success. I am totally converted (back) to Mac, but, as it turns out, I think iPhoto is poop! Picasa is soooo much better than iPhoto, it's actually a bit silly. Oh, the some-time warring families of Apple and Google...I feel I'm the Juliet in this Web 2.0 scuffle (can't I love both of you mutually? Other Mac AND Google fans, help me out here!). Sadly, I need to upgrade the operating system of said Mini in order to use Picasa and just can't get down to Mac heaven to buy it (also, convincing Angus that it really IS necessary is proving to be a little bit of challenge, keeping in mind that I am also convincing him of the necessity of buying 15 mini-xylophones, tambourines, and various little people musical acoutrement on an almost-every-day basis).

I have tons of photos to share with you, but currently no outlet for doing so...

Is it too extreme to say that I feel like I am missing a limb? I feel like I am missing a limb with a distinct feeling of phantom limbage: I remember my photos being there just like they used to be.

Hopefully Leopard will be purchased in the next couple of days (along with the battery powered mini 'My First Grand Piano' I saw today!!! Yeah!) and photos will return to Mother Jones!

No comments: