I can't blame all of my silence on my lack of photos...I've also been busting my boobies trying to get my business, School of Rock-a-bye Babies (I know, I know, you all already got the memo!), off the ground.
The good news is: I have an amazing website that I am really proud of! My dear friend Tevis designed my logo for me (which I love!) and Davey's good friend Vinnie in L.A. built the website for me. I am currently in the process of doing all of the behind the scenes paperwork etc., like meeting accountants, sorting out my venue, figuring out my tax status, getting my 'working papers' designed and printed, and doing some initial marketing. I have run a series of pilot classes which have been really useful. I feel like I am on to something and the response I am getting from the kids is really positive; I just need to jump in now and stop being a scaredy cat. I do want to get everything just right, but I remind myself that it requires a lot of time to concentrate on things and I just don't have too much time on my hands; AND it needs to be 'excellence, not perfection'. I kind of feel like I am working all the time these days, but I have NEVER been happier. To be with my boy(s) full-time and be in total control of my own (soon-to-be) paid work, is true balance for me. They call us 'Mom-trepreneurs'!
So check out my 'second born' and tell all your friends to check it out (I need to get my hits up for 'Search Engine Optimization': School of Rock-a-bye Babies: where your child will shake a rattle and roll!
And, yes, I am really, REally, REALLY looking forward to our month in NC, for a solid break.
Tuesday, December 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment