Thursday, August 07, 2008

Richmond Park with Theo, Liz and Jenny - Friday August 1, 2008

We went to Richmond park last week with Theo, who is a 2 1/2 year-old, super smart, very cute, and uber-polite friend of Jones's from the Alexander Technique school.

Theo's mother, Liz, is in the teacher training course at the moment. She started the course when Theo was just over 1 and brought him with her. He was and is watched by a devoted, international, rotating group of Alexander Technique teachers-in-training during the few hours a day when Liz was/is working. Over the last year and a half, Angus has come home with many an adorable Theo story. The kid is - I repeat - super smart!!! My favourite Theo story (which was one thing I actually witnessed) is from when I took Jones to the school when he was only a week old; Theo wasn't even 2 yet. Liz was writing something down and Theo said, "Mummy (it's Britain...no 'Mommy'), what are you writing?". Liz said, "I'm writing my name down for this event next week". Theo responded with, "Oh, you're not writing down 'T', 'H', 'E', 'O' for 'Theo'?"! I about fell on the floor!!! Not even 2 and he is spelling out his name in context.

I tell you all this because I am due to go back to Amnesty two days a week on the 25th of September (she types with trepidation...) and Angus is going to start taking Jones to the Technique school with him on Fridays where he'll be watched in the same way Theo has been/is. Based on Theo's development, it should prove to be a wonderful, caring, stimulating and supportive environment for Jones to continue blossoming. While I wish I didn't have to leave him it all, given that I do, this arrangement should be ideal. The wonderful things are: Angus will have Jones for a whole day mostly to himself (very good for both of them); I will actually make a little money instead of having to spend all of what I make on childcare; and I won't be fretting every minute of every Friday wondering whether or not my baby is being left to 'cry it out' during nap time, being forced to eat hydrogenated vegetable oil, and catching toddler-only viruses that no one has ever heard of while at day care. Yay!

The other fabulous news is that my brother John is going to watch him on Thursdays!!!

 


Theo...

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: