Here are some adorable snaps of Jones munching away on some cheese. Since starting on solids a couple of months ago, he started to display some picky eating tendencies, which, given that I am his mother, seemed, well, let's just say, strange. (For evidence of exemplary un-picky eaters see: a) rats, b) pigs and c) me and other, older people to whom I am related)
Following several days of eating only banana, poor Jones got a bit glued up (as it were), and I had to come to terms with the fact that a banana diet was neither balanced nor fair to his little digestive tract. But, you see, it was pretty much the only thing he'd eat! After the exciting 'inital tastes' and flavours of mango, spinach, carrots et al, he just decided banana was it; no amount of pureeing, colour and pretty presentation could get him to open his mouth. Then, about 3 weeks ago, after re-reading my new favourite cook book, Finger Food for Babies and Toddlers, I weighed out my competing fears of his choking with him actually turning into a banana and decided that him turning into nature's fruity glue and being permanently consti was a greater risk to his future health and well-being. Throwing caution to the wind, I reminded myself of how to do baby CPR and I gave our 7 month baby a chunk of cheese to hold himself and, hopefully, eat. He ate it (and the piece after that and the piece after that)!!! With this success I tried some steamed veggies...he ate them too. Chunks of avocado? Gone. Rice cakes? "Can I hold them myself, Momma?" "Yes, son". Done. So, it was all the spoon's fault! Go baby led weaning, go!
Monday, May 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment